Hoffman Patent Group is exclusively a patent, trademark, copyright, and intellectual property law firm. I handle all phases of IP law including searching, clearance, opinions, design-around studies to avoid infringement, patent and trademark application drafting, filing and prosecution of applications, maintenance of patents, patent and trademark office appeals, patent reexamination and reissue, and trademark opposition and cancellation proceedings. I also litigate patent, trademark and copyright cases. Hoffman Patent Group is particularly adept at the defense of IP cases, as well as all appeals of IP cases.
I develop an IP protection strategy that is aligned with your business goals for businesses and start ups intent on commercializing their inventions. Typically the Hoffman Patent Group client is in the $3 to $50 million dollar annual revenue range. This range, from our experience, enables us to work directly with the business owner(s) or second in command, so that we can fully understand the goals of the business.
- IP Litigation (especially defending accused infringers)
- Patent prosecution (also including patent office appeals, reexamination and reissue proceedings)
- Trademark clearance and applications
- Design-around studies
- Intellectual Property Appeals to the Federal Circuit or other Appellate Court
- Due Diligence for business deals involving IP
- Complex patent office proceedings such as Post Grant Review, Transitional Program for Covered Business Method Review and Inter Partes Review aka PGR, CBM and IPR, especially where the company has been sued or threatened with a patent infringement suit
- Intellectual Property Review and assessments